The Office of Research has changed the application procedure for Human Subjects/IRB. As of Sept. 1, researchers have to use the new online application system, iMedRIS - USE FIREFOX (NOT INTERNET EXPLORER) as the browser to open this link by coping the link (https://ris01.uthsc.edu/) and pasting into the URL into FIREFOX.
The compliance office homepage is http://irb.utk.edu/
iMedRIS information page is at http://research.utk.edu/training-workshops/compliance-2/imedris/ -- information about the move and system, and links to some training exercises.
The iMedRIS login portal for UTK is https://ris01.uthsc.edu/ (USE FIREFOX Browser to open this link)
A helpful PowerPoint with instructions for College routing: iMedris Instructions for College of Communication & Information Routing
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
The Office of Research & Engagement has partnered with the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program to allow UT Knoxville affiliated researchers the opportunity to participate in online research ethics education. Faculty and graduate students can use this link to register for CITI certification: http://research.utwebteam.wpengine.com/compliance-registration/ In the near future, all researchers who use human subjects will be required to have this certification. More information about CITI can be found at http://research.utk.edu/training/citi.shtml.
IRB FAQS & Guides - the what and why of reviews
- IRB Best Practices
- CCI IRB FAQ
- 8 Tips for Quicker IRB Approval
- Tips for Quicker IRB Approval ppt
CCI IRB Procedures
UT IRB Resources
- Moving Through IRB Basics
- UTK Office of Research Compliance Training Program IRB and RCR
- UT Office of Research Compliance
The UT Office of Research Compliance site provides a number of additional links and guides.
UT IRB Forms
- Form A Application (for approval as "exempt")
- Form B Application (for all other initial approvals)
- Form D Application (requests for any changes or extensions)
- Guidelines for Form A
UT IRB Document Samples
- Sample Study Statement (as introduction or for recruitment)
- Sample Informed Consent
- Sample Assent Form (for minors or other protected groups)
- Sample Confidentiality Pledge (for transcribers or others with access to raw confidential data)
- HIPAA Template (only used if you're getting medical information from covered sources)